275 N. Toussaint South
Oak Harbor, OH 43449
Laurie Blair, Director
Lauren Balduf, Administrative Assistant
Tom Metzger, Operations Manager
Jerry Porath, Mechanic Supervisor
Within Ottawa County: $4.00
Erie County: $6.00
Huron County: $12.00
Lucas County: $12.00
Sandusky County: $6.00
Wood County: $6.00
Half fares are available for anyone over 60 years of age and/or anyone with a disability. Application forms are available at our office or by calling 419-898-7433. No need to reapply if you’re already qualified.
Monday-Friday 5:00am – 9:00pm
Saturday 6:00am – 9:00pm
Sunday 7:00am – 5:00pm
Monday-Friday 7:00am – 5:00pm
Monday-Friday 7:00am – 5:30pm
OCTA provides transportation to accommodate the needs of hundreds of riders daily upon availability. Our reservationists will do everything possible to schedule trips that work for you and for other OCTA riders and will always attempt to match your trip with similar existing trips.
Trip requests are accepted in our office:
Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
It is suggested a minimum of 24 hours is requested for in-county service and at least one (1) week for out-of-county service. We will attempt same-day trip requests, but availability is limited and not guaranteed. Trip requests can be made up to three (3) weeks in advance.
When making a reservation, please be prepared to furnish the rider’s name, date of birth, the address and phone numbers of both the pick up point and destination, the need for a personal care attendant (PCA), a telephone number at which you can be reached, and if any special accommodations are needed.
Cancellations & No-Shows
Trips may be canceled by calling the transportation office no later than 2 hours before the scheduled pick up time. Failure to give at least a 2 hour advanced notice of cancellation is considered a no-show. Because misuse of the service results in fewer passengers receiving service, OCTA reserves the right to deny service to passengers who continually cancel trips and are No-Shows. The first no-show would result in a verbal warning, the second would be a written warning and the third would be a seven (7) day suspension.
Suspensions still obligate the passenger to pay for past No-Shows to be re-instated. Trip cancellations can also be called in to the office anytime and left on OCTA’s cancel line voicemail.
If trips need to be cancelled by OCTA due to inclement weather, every attempt will be made to notify the passenger and called in to local TV and radio stations.
- Curb-to-curb transportation means that drivers will provide assistance from the curb in front of the trip origin to the curb in front of the trip destination.
- If door-to-door service is necessary, arrangements MUST be made at time of reservation.
- Passengers should notify our transportation office at time of reservation if they require a mobility assistant or service animal. The mobility assistant or service animal may ride free.
- In no circumstances shall a driver enter a passenger’s home.
- The driver will assist the rider, if necessary, when boarding and alighting from the vehicle and will watch to make sure the passenger is safely within their destination before leaving.
- OCTA requires seatbelts for all passengers and that all mobility devices/wheelchairs are secured. The driver will tie down wheelchairs and assist with seat belts, if necessary.
- Parent must provide Federally approved safety seats for children in accordance with Ohio law.
- Children under 12 are free but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Seat belts must be worn at all times when riding in vehicles operated by OCTA.
At the time of scheduling trips, the reservationist will give the passenger a 30-minute pickup window. Passengers must be ready during that window of time. Passengers should wait where they can observe the vehicle’s arrival, and be seen by the driver.
When scheduling trips for employment or appointments, please consider the time needed to get from the drop-off point to your destination. We suggest requesting a drop-off at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment or clock-in time. Passengers are requested to limit carry-on packages/bags to five (5), or whatever can be managed comfortably by the passenger. Drivers may assist passengers with packages/bags, but are not required to do so. For the comfort, safety, and cleanliness of vehicles eating, drinking, and smoking are not permitted.
Please be sure driveways and sidewalks are clear of obstructions.
If you have a general inquiry, please contact us using the form below.
Reservations can NOT be made using this form.
Please call 419-898-7433 for trip reservations.